The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I've been growing DBT for about 3 months now here's what I've been using:
- 15l x 15w (13 gallons) tank
- Fluval Nano plant lighting (full brightness), 12-15 hours a day
- ADA soil,
- daily Flourish Exel
- weekly dose of NA thrive after water change
- standard HOB filter

I've had slow growth but I'm ready to commit to Co2. I'm just a bit overwhelmed by the market options. There are no fish and id rather buy a kit than do a DIY, if anyone has suggestions for good quality relatively inexpensive kit for a 13 gallon tank please leave let me know!

Any other overall suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
aquario neo co2, it is dirt cheap, and when it runs out, just empty the bottle with the gel and put in gelatin or agar agar with sugar in it. Add yeast and it works just like new and needs to be replaced every other month for about 2 dollars of supplies or less. The bottle it comes with has a gasket and a co2 line connector on the cap so it works much better than a soda bottle, which will leak and not work that well, this bottle has no leaks at all. No point in getting a pressurized co2 for this, just make sure to run an air stone at night because you cant shut this off because it would make the bottle explode due to high pressure.This co2 is really consistent and the air stone is good for your tank anyway, this is not like any diy co2 that you make from a soda bottle, it is well thought out and is easy to use for beginners.

Also remember to not add any water with a kh above 0 to your tank because it will ware out the buffering capacity of the soil and will make the soil useless after a month or two. If you use rodi water, use the bee shrimp remineralizer instead of the gh/kh+, because the bee shrimp one has no kh in it, also avoid crushed coral or buffers like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.