The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need as good recipei for a 20 oz gatorade bottle of co2 i am going to run that and a hagen co2 on my 55 and was wondering what the best recipie was

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
i can't comment on a good recipe for a 20oz. bottle, but i would like to point out that you will need a considerably larger quantity of mixture to produce enough diy co2 for a 55g. like 4+ gallons more. just a thought...

edit -

i guess that needs more explanation. that was just assuming the tank was at medium levels of light. if it's a lowish light tank, you might see a difference in plant growth with a couple of 2 liters.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Not to hijack, but Ive also got a 55, and Im going the 2-liter route with a 20oz bottle for a separator. If one 2-liter produces one bubble, will I need three to produce three bubbles? How many bubbles does a 2-liter make? Does it depend on the recipe used or the type of yeast?

Thanks. Hopefully this info will be useful for OP also.

·
Registered
305 Posts
the other thing to mention is to stagger the bottles so that you replace one every N days. This way your CO2 production will be more consistent and you will also not have to do all of them at once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts