The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Should a CO2 barb into a reactor spout water?

I just got an external CO2 reactor made by aquariumplants.com, which seems like a clever design inside a clear plastic standard drinking water filter housing, if you know what that is.

It has a brass valve sunk into the lid which looks like a check valve, but it spouts water. If so, does that mean it was installed backwards? Or maybe it is just a connecting barb. If it is a check valve installed backwards does this mean I will not be able to inject C02 through it?

Perhaps even if you dont know the unit you can answer: would a C02 reacotr work with just a plain connector for the C02? wouldnt the pressure from the water coming out the C02 barb be a problem?

If you do know the unit i have other questions: how do you take the lid off to clean it? how do you operate the red knob, which appears to work some kind of pressure release? it has no markings.

Unfortunately it did not come with directions and the company wont answer my emails.

thanks!

Planteater

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
From the looks of the picture, the brass valve is where you connect your CO2 line, unless there's another fitting that's not shown. A check valve placed after that would be a good idea, as brohawk said.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi,

i did get an answer from the company and it is just a regular connector. i did not get answer to my other questions. in any case, the unit works great. seems like i get 100 percent diffusion but not sure how i will clean it down the line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts