The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kh is 6 my ph is 7.5 what is the formula for the co2. This is a new tank and I thought the co2 would drop the ph. What should the kh be in the tank. The tank is a 180 gallon

Thanks Keith

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
I believe your CO2 levels are at about 6ppm. Not really enough to do much of anything for you actually.

How are you injecting CO2?

Mike

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Keith your KH is good so you just need to crank up the CO2 a bit more...the ph will drop with more CO2. You havent added fish to your tank so there is no harm in "practicing" right now. Increase the bubble rate going into your reactor and retest tomorrow. If no change , crank it up a bit more until you get it to drop... thats a big tank you got and it will take a good amount of CO2 to effect the water.
The best part is you dont have to worry about a ph crash and fish...and the plants you have in there wont mind it at all.

BTW, Did ya get that plant order yet ? :proud:

Also, when you test the ph from the tank, test it immediately, dont let the tube sit around and then test, the CO2 concentration leaves the water quickly and can give you false readings... especially with a high ph like yours to start with.

Let me know how ya make out bro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts