The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
just like to hear your opinions..
I'm running 2 cerges reactors (currently no co2 fitted) and in the process of buying a co2art regulator with 2 outputs (each its own valve).
but will there be any point in using 2 solenoids to shut off the flow to each reactor at different times?
for example before lights turn on to slowly increase the co2 and as the lights are on the second reactor kicks in to prevent the co2 level from dropping, and as the lights turn of 1 reactor runs a bit longer than the other to prevent fluctuation in the co2 after lights off?

I know that unstable CO2 can lead to algae problems and I want to avoid it by maybe choosing this setup.
on the other hand, as soon as the lights hit sub-par levels and photosynthesis stops I'm just wasting gas and suffocating my fish

Forgot to Mention that the 2 reactors run in parallel.
So they have a pump and a spraybar each

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I would not. I like simple and it would seem to complicate things without a large benefit. I think the CO2 will fluctuate during night and day but then the plant/ algae use of the CO2 will also drop when dark. Many things make algae a problem and at times we may assign it to CO2 just because we can't put the blame anywhere for sure?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I would not. I like simple and it would seem to complicate things without a large benefit. I think the CO2 will fluctuate during night and day but then the plant/ algae use of the CO2 will also drop when dark. Many things make algae a problem and at times we may assign it to CO2 just because we can't put the blame anywhere for sure?
I agree just use one timer and turn on about 1 hour before lights on and turn off one hour before lights out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.