The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some 15-20 feet co2 tubing. I appreciate if any one locally(NYC) know any LFS that sales it Or if anyone locally has at least 10 feet. I call most of the Store here and can't find any who has it and some store even don't what it is...so funny being in business for 10 + years.....

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So where to get this Locally in NYC? or any other link....to buy online? I perfer locally tho'

·
Registered
371 Posts
There is a place in Chinatown that sells many different types of tubing though you probably don't need such specialized tubing for such a short distance. Here is their info if you are curious:

Canal Rubber Supply Co Inc
www.canalrubber.com
329 Canal St
New York, NY 10013-2513
(212) 226-7339

The employees are really nice when you visit them and the store is packed with all kinds of cool materials.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Here is a Parker dealer that is about 15 miles from Sunnyside.

PROGRESSIVE HYDRAULIC
PARKERSTORE
280 NORTH MIDLAND AVE BLDG G-1
SADDLE BROOK, NJ 07663
United States
Telephone: (201) 791-3400
Fax: (201) 791-3582
Distance: 14.4

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys! I'm gonna check China Town first.....

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Called "Canal Rubber Supply Co Inc". THe guy even don't know what co2 tubing is?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Called "Canal Rubber Supply Co Inc". THe guy even don't know what co2 tubing is?
Not surprised. Do yourself a favor and contact either Sergio at Sumo or Orlando at GLA. Orlando has turbo shipping and Sumo is right across the river. Your tubing could have been in the mail by now. :biggrin:

I had thought at one time that you could just about find ANYTHING you wanted to in NYC. Sadly it is not true.

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called Parker...here is the story.....

First, I called Port Washington. LI, then a lady transfer my call to Cali. from there to cleveland ohio, then from there(ohio) to Saddle Brook.....I was hoping Finally I will get what I am looking for....and then Wala!!!Still nothing......I will call Sumo 2morow...but in their site its not listed tho'

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a Thought...I have python....Air line tubing 25 feet brand new.....what you guys say about it?It clams to be:-

# FDA approved, non-toxic, ozone safe material
# Compounded with UV stabilizers assuring flexibility and durability
# Pale blue in color - the color of clean water

What ya say?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Probably shouldn't ask for "CO2 tubing" as its not usually marketed that way unless its by an aquarium related retailer (from my observations).

Try asking for Tygon lab grade tubing, not sure if they still have this one.
I suppose you can call any kind tubing as "CO2 tubing" as long as it has a low permeability for CO2. Then you have to consider other things like flexibility and resistance to hardening.

Chart with permeability:
http://www.coleparmer.com/techinfo/techinfo.asp?htmlfile=SelectingTubing.htm&ID=700

Anyways, have fun with your hunt.

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
been busy with other stuff.....but will go china town tomorrow...I heard that pacific has some in stock will find out tomorrow morning.....

·
Registered
602 Posts
pacific does, just look for the green silicone tubing that's the co2 safe stuff, there's also a place by pacific on mott street that has it, I think its called win tropical

·
Registered
577 Posts
while we're on this topic, does anyone know where I can pick up c02 check valves in the city? I don't really feel like buying it online and paying for shipping.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts