The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been doing co2 for a month now and it is hard to keep buying really expensive co2 is there anything else i can do cause i tried a homeade one and my cat had to much fun with it is there anything else thank you

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
yep buy a co2 tank and have it filled. My 20# CO2 tank only costs me $21 to have it filled and will last a long time on my 150g a 5lb tank should last you a while on the 20g. Pickup a Milwaukee regulator and a tank would be a huge savings in the long run.

Craig

·
Tírëd Äßóût ╦σ RÉ├írë.
4,777 Posts
oR if you are in Budget for the moment use Metricide which will replace the Excel since you have really low light setup. And yes Excel does the trick....pple here may not agree with me but here is the proof.

Metricide is cheap.. you will get a gallon for 23$ shipped to you....look for seller from NYC(E.baay) and if I ain't mistaken ratio to mix is 575ml of Metricide to 425ml of water.(check other post for the mixing ratio).

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...ions/75088-metricide-14-vs-seachem-excel.html

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
a 5lb co2 tank should last you like a year and fill-ups should only be like $10-15. Yeah the tank is expensive ($50 from beverageelements.com) and you will also need a real regulator and needle valve (very wide range of options and prices), but you will save so much money in CO2 fill ups. The setup will pay for itself in time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.