The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been talked about but I have a problem. I am using a 2 liter bottle with a 1 liter as a drop/don't let the gunk get into the tank bottle. I mixed 2 cups sugar 1/2 teaspoon yeast and luke warm water up to just before the curve of the bottle. That was a day and a half ago. I have a good seal but no CO2. Anyone have any suggestions? This dosen't seem like rocket science but I missed something somewhere. I am using yeast fron the baking area in my local grocery store.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shook it this morning and and tons of bubbles came out and then it settled down and nothing came out.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked pretty good and could not find one. I blew through the check before I put everything together and it seemed a little hard to blow through. I wonder if that my be causing it to not get through. It might build up pressure and then when it lets the co2 out it closes until it builds up pressure again. When I get home I might take the check off and see what happens.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Squeeze the bottle. If its rigid then its blocked and/or not enough pressure to make it through your diffuser. If its not rigid then you have a leak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What are you using to diffuse. I popped my system twice trying to push through 3/4" of chopstick. I just put it into a hagen mini and micro bubbles everywhere. I would also scrap the 1 liter drop checker. Epoxy a check valve into the outside part of a syringe, and you have a drop checker. Trying to fill 2liters w/ co2 takes a while. Try to minimize where the gas can go.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Squeeze the bottle. If its rigid then its blocked and/or not enough pressure to make it through your diffuser. If its not rigid then you have a leak.
That's ^ a good way to find if you have a leak but to find the spot use soap in water solution brushed at every joint and the pipe.

When I was using DIY CO2; I found that check valves were a mistake as they tend to work at higher pressures (especially when water condenses inside it) than what you could build up in a DIY system. Diffusion by wooden or stone too had the same defect. Best was to allow it to freely bubble into a filter or pump, better still to connect it into a venturi and use a reactor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts