The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a FZ 2020 PRO regulator attached to a 5lb tank an Aquario Neo CO2 diffuser..My problem is when I turn the dial for the bubble counter bubbles come out. But nothing comes out of the tube for the diffuser... Please help!!!!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have a FZ 2020 PRO regulator attached to a 5lb tank an Aquario Neo CO2 diffuser..My problem is when I turn the dial for the bubble counter bubbles come out. But nothing comes out of the tube for the diffuser... Please help!!!!
Is your diffuser rated for your tank? I know some needs pressure. If it's new, you need a little bit of time before it diffuses. Did you watch it and it didn't do it or?

·
Registered
5 Posts
1. check for leaks by using soap water on ALL connections between bubble counter and diffuser. Connections close to diffuser can just be kept under water. Watch for bubbles...
if no leaks
2. with diffuser in a bucket full of water turn up bps and give it some time (a couple of hours). The CO2 must go somewhere :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
In addition for checking for leaks, also make sure you're using tubing for co2. Regular airline isn't suited for the pressure of co2 systems and alot times the ends that are connected to a valve, diffuser, etc will become a failure point leading to future leaks. Also if you haven't already try and isolate the problem ie. place the tubing without the diffuser in the tank and if you get bubbles you know the problem lies with the diffuser (could be defective, clogged, etc). GL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In addition for checking for leaks, also make sure you're using tubing for co2. Regular airline isn't suited for the pressure of co2 systems and alot times the ends that are connected to a valve, diffuser, etc will become a failure point leading to future leaks. Also if you haven't already try and isolate the problem ie. place the tubing without the diffuser in the tank and if you get bubbles you know the problem lies with the diffuser (could be defective, clogged, etc). GL
I’m using CO2 tubing. My lines are good. I boiled my diffuser so I’m going to try it again. Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.