The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 161 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Betatail what do you think of this one? It came with the reg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nice!
if you don't see the sticker that shows you the needle cartridge model(the number in the below picture), you can check the the second line on the tag, is max flow rate rating, let me know max flow rate number, so I can decide it is cartridge model.
if the number is less than 3B, as in picture, are good, best if it is SS1.

nice!
if you don't see the sticker that shows you the needle cartridge model(the number in the below picture), you can check the the second line on the tag, is max flow rate rating, let me know max flow rate number, so I can decide it is cartridge model.
if the number is less than 3B, as in picture, are good, best if it is SS1.

big white sticker looks to list the max flow (XX)0 sccm(inute)
1L/min = 1000cc/minute

Charts in L/min at various pressures..
1mPa = 9.9atm say 10.
.1mPa = 1atm

soo if sticker says 110 Sccm then should be a #S1 IF I 'm looking at this right.

Err.. ONE thing to mention.. Not seeing this in US threads
SPEC sheet isn't really clear to me though..
Rc 1/4 or Rc 1/8
British standard..
These will mate w/ US BUT will leak...
Looks like you do have some fittings though.. looks "tubish" but prob metric?
Not cheap valves.. best est. is about $250 US give or take a bunch..

It takes about 3-4 full turns to see a bubble coming out. This valve is surprisingly fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #28 ·
how's it compare to other low flow valve?
there are some other valves are in this flow control precision, about 50 to 100 sccm as max flow rate, but most are not looking good as the one Alan has though.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Put this together yesterday, I think it is the best parts I can find for a brass co2 system.

I finally located a 0.52 watt Parker Hannifin series 9 solenoid, it is the brass version though, so have to build this brass version co2 system with a brass Brooks instrument NRS metering valve(another rare find, a series one NRS metering valve with digital counter handle).

this style can be copied with the ideal series 2 angle pattern needle valve and manifold mounted clippard solenoid(which are both available on the evil bay). The key to make the brass system look good is to polish the brass until mirror shine.

Put this together yesterday, I think it is the best parts I can find for a brass co2 system.

I finally located a 0.52 watt Parker Hannifin series 9 solenoid, it is the brass version though, so have to build this brass version co2 system with a brass Brooks instrument NRS metering valve(another rare find, a series one NRS metering valve with digital counter handle).

this style can be copied with the ideal series 2 angle pattern needle valve and manifold mounted clippard solenoid(which are both available on the evil bay). The key to make the brass system look good is to polish the brass until mirror shine.

If you ship it too me I can put a beautiful mirror finish on it :grin2:

Discussion starter · #32 ·
If you ship it too me I can put a beautiful mirror finish on it :grin2:
To find the good parts and build it, is much more fun. if you decide to build, I will be a volunteer in the TPT CO2 task force to help you building a new one :grin2:

To find the good parts and build it, is much more fun. if you decide to build, I will be a volunteer in the TPT CO2 task force to help you building a new one :grin2:
Thank-you. I currently have one of Flowerfish's gems. Of course it has been modified a bit...
Originally:
Rare Victor HPT160 nickle plated dual stage regulator
Burkert 200a 4W solenoid (two)
Swagelok 21 Series Metering Valve (two)

I have since changed the fittings to stainless Swagelok. The gauges were changed out to a slightly smaller series with more appropriate ranges (regulator is always set at 20psi).

And now the ******'s are fitted to the outputs of the Porter flow meters (two) as I was not thrilled with the sensitivity of the Porter valves.

Thank-you. I currently have one of Flowerfish's gems. Of course it has been modified a bit...
Originally:
Rare Victor HPT160 nickle plated dual stage regulator
Burkert 200a 4W solenoid (two)
Swagelok 21 Series Metering Valve (two)

I have since changed the fittings to stainless Swagelok. The gauges were changed out to a slightly smaller series with more appropriate ranges (regulator is always set at 20psi).

And now the ******'s are fitted to the outputs of the Porter flow meters (two) as I was not thrilled with the sensitivity of the Porter valves.

The hpt160 is very rare. A custom dual output for you. after your modification, it would be look great. show some pictures.:laugh2:

I've got my old 1950's Victor lump. It needs some work as it was originally a old HeliArc welder regulator on Argon. First plan is to find a CG340 stem for the reg body.

What is an economical solenoid and needle valve combo? My injection plan is to very low pressure stream into the suction side of one of the circulation powerheads. I am not really wanting to run high CO2 levels, just 10 to 15 ppm.

I've got my old 1950's Victor lump. It needs some work as it was originally a old HeliArc welder regulator on Argon. First plan is to find a CG340 stem for the reg body.

What is an economical solenoid and needle valve combo? My injection plan is to very low pressure stream into the suction side of one of the circulation powerheads. I am not really wanting to run high CO2 levels, just 10 to 15 ppm.

Easiest...

https://www.diyco2regulator.com/co2-regulator-post-body-kit-1-12v
https://www.diyco2regulator.com/cga-320-nut-nipple

21 - 40 of 161 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.