The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 long tank with pressurized co2....i have a small pump sucking in the co2 bubbles and shooting it to the other end of the tank its a 30 long...30x12x12. The drop checker is green on the other end. Today the pump was off and the drop checker still turned green? With the bubbles just floating to the surface on 1 end. I only got a aquaclear 30 which doesnt move the water alot, I mean plants arent moving by the flow created by it so obviously its not. But the plants were pearling if you see the pic the plan on the other end is perling. How is this possible? I thought the powerhead method is good and without this co2 is not distributed in tank?

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Inclined to agree with you.

Maybe with the bubbles blowing everywhere pearling is harder to notice?
Also with a lot of flow i think plants just don't have the time to hold on to oxygen enough to create bubbles.
The stream will just take the oxygen right as it's produced to small to see.

That's just how i figured it though might be wrong..

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have massive flow and still have pearling that does not get washed away. Only in the direct outflow of the pump will the pearling be blown off.

If you do not have alot of surface agitation the co2 can stay in the tank for several hours before it off-gasses. For what it is worth, I use my AquaClear as a reactor. Just put the co2 right into the intake. Works great.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Regardless if the pump is on or off, your still diffusing the co2 into the water. The pump just helps circulate it better, but the ppm of the co2 is likely the same without the pump

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I normally only see those streams of bubbles where there is an injury to a plant stem when dosing CO2.
I'm happy just seeing some small bubbles when I look under leaves, sure it grows slower but the algae is also not trying to grow faster than my plants.

Are you using a single light source or pendant lights? As obviously two bulbs could elicit different responses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.