The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve always ran Co2, currently rescaping and moving into a larger tank, all same equipment etc.

I’m going from a fully carpeted tank with stem plants and going to a sand bedded tank, large piece of wood with Anubias and maybe a Buce plant or two, my question is shall I move the Co2 over, the reason for this is basically the image below.

My Co2 ran out a week ago, I didn’t bother attaching a new cylinder as I planned on moving it over in a week or two anyway, since then, my plants growth has been slower but a lot fuller growth.

Basically the distance between each leaf is about 20mm with Co2 but without they seem to grow a lot fuller together, or am I seeing something I want to see.

Excuse the state of the tank, have slacked in cleaning the last 2 weeks or so…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can run CO2 on any planted tank, even a low light one, do it. The benefits are too substantial to not use it; especially since you've already got the system available.
That’s a good point, should’ve realised if I have it use it, I may lower the amount, I had it on the level of any more and the fish etc would stress, I’ll likely take it down another 25% and adjust when required

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
That’s a good point, should’ve realised if I have it use it, I may lower the amount, I had it on the level of any more and the fish etc would stress, I’ll likely take it down another 25% and adjust when required

Adjusting to your tank's specific needs is always a good thing. :). You should save a good bit of gas on this tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.