The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

First post and its straight in with a question. I picked up a little 1 gallon (5 litre) set up a while back as thought it looked cool and after using it for various things such as a temp home for daphnia and new plants i've decided to try my hand at my first mini scape (pics and details will go up later when i get my camera working)

I've decided on cuba for the foreground with some micro swords (I think) as background with a small piece of bogwood as the focal point. I'm currently 4 weeks through a 6 week DSM but i've heard there can be problems with the cuba melting when the tank is filled and to help avoid that I thought of maybe hooking up some DIY CO2? The thing is for a tank this small is it really worth it and if so how would I go about getting the gas disolved in the water. I've already got a bottle of liquid carbon that I was using on another tank, would I be better off just dosing a few drops of this each day?

btw the tank isnt filtered yet so sticking the CO2 into the filter inlet isnt an option atm

Any advice welcome

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I don;t have experience with nanaos and CO2, but I'd expect Flourish Excel to be a more reliable, less risky source of cardbon for a tank so small. Won't be expensive to use Excel in such a small tank.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I think I'll go with that option. Just looking forward to filling the tank now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts