The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my CO2 regulator running for just 2-3 hours and it just started to leak. I had the regulator and tank sitting my my house for 8 hours before attaching. The leak is the nut where the regulator gets attached to the cylinder. The sticker says hand tight only. Should I use teflon tape?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Did you install the washer between the regulator and the CO2 tank?

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
What type tank and reg as hand tighten only sounds way odd?
Paintball takes a totally different setup than the common CGA320 which is heavy duty and does require a washer. Teflon tape in not normal for the CO2 connections at the tank that I can think of using.
Pictures of the reg and tank would be nice if you can do it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hope this link works...its a Ista CO2 Controller and the cylinder is 10 lbs i got at a local weilding shop.

Bump:

Bump:

·
Registered
12,542 Posts
no...there is a wax one on the cylinder. Still add a washer?

Wax one? Only time I'd even think of hand tight is w/ a perma seal..
You have sort of a black o ring on your tank valve outlet?

If the perma seal o ring is weak or bad you could remove it (allen wrench) and just use a "regular disc".
The nut is not for sealing..just for drawing the 2 faces together.

Pic will help..

look something like this?

Reactions: Econde

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The type of regulator is Ista and I have a 10lbs cylinder. I went back to the weilding store and got a plastic washer and used a tool to tighten the regulator to the cylinder and so far so good.

·
Registered
12,542 Posts
the type of regulator is ista and i have a 10lbs cylinder. I went back to the weilding store and got a plastic washer and used a tool to tighten the regulator to the cylinder and so far so good.

yea!..... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts