·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20g
32w cf
ph 6.8 - 7.2 ----- dropped to 6
DIY CO2 about 60 per hr.

So I had the CO2 running a little lighter for the first week... about 30 bbl per hr. I upped it to maybe a little over 60 bbl per hr and on about the third day of this I woke up to dead fish. ph had fallen to 6. I pulled the Co2 and did a 25% water change to save the few fish left. Once ph returns to normal I would like to reintroduce the Co2 but would like to find a good way to balance it. I read I can and an air stone at night to Oxygenate while Co2 is not being used. Will this really help? I obviously am short on resources, I would like to make this work for as little as possible. if I could aford a pressure system w/ ph check this would be obv way to go, but I know lots people have great tanks w/ a grimy system. Anything helps at this point.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, No other changes I can think of at all. No ferts or temp swings etc. I am going to try the air stone at night. I 'll let you know if that helps balance the ph... fingers crossed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow that tank is super nice.
I was just running one 1L bottle.
Someone I talked to mentioned stablizer of some kind, maybe baking soda...?

Right now I have a 1L water bottle.
I added about 1 cup of sugar, about 1 1/2 tsp of yeast and filled 3/4 w/ warm water.
then line to this glass difusser.

It was pumping pretty good but now I feel like I am missing something.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wrote that twice but I meant 60 per Min.
Thats not from an actual bubble counter though....so I dont know how accurate that is.
That diffuser has a piece of glass that allows a bubble up when pressure builds up.
I just mixed a new bottle w/ about that same recipe you posted + a little baking soda. I think I just had a bunch too much yeast because that thing was pumping it out I just didnt think I could really over due it with a DIY system like that......

Thanks for the input everybody....I'll let you know how the toned down mix works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts