The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a while back I got a co2 regulator from a member here and it worked pretty good. now it refuses to go past 1 bubble per second! I have everything dialed to the max. the needle valve is maxed out and my diffuser is clean. I am using a check valve, co2 proof tubing, and a regular glass diffuser. the only thing I can think of is a leak. I know I have co2 in the tank because the meter reads 900 psi. I have talked to someone here on the forum and they said that the needle valves push fit connection could be leaking. please help, my tank is currently covered in blue green algae and my hair grass needs co2! I'm borderline thinking about just closing down the tank because I have had so much trouble with the current co2 setup. the setup is currently on a paintball tank.

-tetra10

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just use kids bubble solution on my finger, instead of soapy water. if you had a CO2 leak inside your tank you would see bubbles inside your tank.....just take some kids bubbles dip your finger and rub all around your needle valve, just use it sparingly and have a paper towel handy and wipe clean what you have already checked and start from one end of the regulator and work your way to the other side. If thats all good. Then pull the reg off the bottle and make sure the seal hasnt smooshed into the threads. If thats good try making sure your diffuser is clean....like really clean. If you have no leaks everything is hooked up right, then the needle valve could be bad or the solenoid. My azoo sometimes forgets what its doing and I have to unplug it and plug it back in a few times and it starts working again

·
Super Moderator
12,039 Posts
I have not, I know the regulator is pretty high quality but I'm afraid that soapy water will get into my tank.
You only need a few drops of soapy water solution on your joints. In addition, I don't see how it would get into your aquarium or CO2 cylinder...

·
Super Moderator
12,039 Posts
alright, are push fit connections known to leak?
Well, they are designed so that they don't leak, but you never know.

If your high pressure gauge is indicating 900 PSI, your delivery pressure is ~30 PSI, and your needle valve is open (unscrewed, turned counterclockwise) all the way, and yet you still have no gas going into the aquarium, there is probably a leak somewhere (or if you have a solenoid, ensure that it is open and not closed).

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, they are designed so that they don't leak, but you never know.

If your high pressure gauge is indicating 900 PSI, your delivery pressure is ~30 PSI, and your needle valve is open (unscrewed, turned counterclockwise) all the way, and yet you still have no gas going into the aquarium, there is probably a leak somewhere (or if you have a solenoid, ensure that it is open and not closed).
ok i will check tomorrow and report back. thanks!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Yah, I'm having the same problem, but I believe I know that mine is the connection from the needle valve to the manifold...only because I had to re-screw it on once and I don't think I did that great of a job :\

Not the worst thing in the world though, and I know I can do it because the other needle valve on this manifold is running at a nice, solid, 2 bps (I can make it more but...I'd rather not atm cause I think I might have accidentally gassed my fish and shrimp that were in that tank.....>.>)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.