The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to inject co2 into my 125g, but inline reactors are out of the question because I use a FX5. (I dont want to DIY a FX5 reactor either) Should I use two bazooka atomizers at each end? Should I use one right in front of the outlet of the FX5? I have the inlet about 1/3 ways from the left, and the outlet almost in the middle. I have a piece of driftwood blocking the left side too. I guess I just want to see if anyone else injects co2 into a 125g.

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
Previously I had a 6ft, 135 gallon tank with an fx5 setup. I had the intake on one side of the tank and the output on the other side. I just ran the co2 line into the intake of the fx5. I never had a problem with this. It was simple and worked great.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
No problems with co2 build up?
It is actually quite the contrary. The flow is so high that I have slight micro bubbles coming out. I have taken it apart twice, plus the first time I put it together, means that I have restarted it dry three times. Every time I don't do anything like turn it upside down or shake it, I just let it force all the excess air out which it does after about 25 minutes of blowing bubbles everywhere.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It is actually quite the contrary. The flow is so high that I have slight micro bubbles coming out. I have taken it apart twice, plus the first time I put it together, means that I have restarted it dry three times. Every time I don't do anything like turn it upside down or shake it, I just let it force all the excess air out which it does after about 25 minutes of blowing bubbles everywhere.
I have the exact same set up and have the same problem...i think the flow is too fast...i just bought an aquariumplant.com co2 reactor(it gets delivered tomorrow) im hoping this will solve my problem.....

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems like people are having issues with the huge reactors on the fx5. I dont know what to try.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
You likely have enough flow with that filter to split the return into two. You could then run an inline reactor on each return. The downside to this is that you would need two needle valves. However, this might ensure better CO2 distribution in your tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts