The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a CO2 indicator for my planted 1.5 gallon cube. However, I'm wondering if I just wasted my money (though it wasn't much). I do not use a pressurized CO2 system but I do dose with API CO2 Booster and I'm wondering if the indicator will work with this or if it HAS to be gaseous CO2.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Yeah, the indicator isn't going to do anything with the liquid CO2. Now you can go one of two ways... Either try to return what you bought, or continue with pressurized CO2! You're already invested, may as well go the rest of the way (#evilshoulderangel)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, jellopuddinpop. I am a little bummed out. I suppose I ought to just get into the pressurized game. I was (for some reason) trying to put it off for a little longer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks, jellopuddinpop. I am a little bummed out. I suppose I ought to just get into the pressurized game. I was (for some reason) trying to put it off for a little longer.
Wait a minute.. r u thinking of getting a pressurized co2 system for a 1.5 gallon or is that for another tank? Bcos if it's for the 1.5 gallon u r wasting more money. I wud suggest pressurized systems for a tank with min of 20 gallons capacity. The reason s simple.. nano tanks can show wide swings in nutrient conc and pH values as it's just a small body of water. And the reason for pressurized co2 is to accelerate growth and that means u got to dose ferts and Increase light. Trust me that's not a good idea in a nano bcos I have been there. The best thing to do in a nano is let it be with a little bit of liquid co2 perhaps and minimal ferts. The plants will grow slow but they will be fine. I hope that this was for the nano 1.5 g or I wud have said all this for a waste. :)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
987 Posts
Agree with Rustic. Sorry I was unclear, it was more of a joke to use pressurized CO2. From personal experience, I can more easily convince myself that it's OK to move forward with something once I have a piece of that something already.

I agree, liquid should be fine for that small of a space. Just take the CO2 drop checker out, it's not doing anything

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts