The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good place to get a CO2 tank around DeKalb? I'm pretty new to Illinois (just moved in a month ago) and I'm setting up a new tank. Also, any recommendations to LFSs around the area? I've only been to the Aquarium Adventures...

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you are just looking for the tank have you tried a welding supply store? You should be able to find one or two using google or the yellow pages.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't know about CO2 tanks, but you can get hagen sets at petsmart on sycamore road. I,ve been using these with nice results. Welcome to DeKalb area--we've been here since 1997 and planted tanks are really new to us.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ni co2

Hi,

My tank was filled at Rockford Carbonic here in Rockford. I have also heard that Rockford Industrial Welding Supply will fill. As far as getting a tank, try RIWS or another option is a homebrew supply.

As far as LFS' in the area, there's not much here. Just went to Aquarium Adventure (Hoffman Estates) and they have by far the best and biggest selection I have seen. In Madison (actually Middleton) there is a nice little store - can't think of the name but if you google Middleton and aquarium store you'll find it. Smaller place, but great people - I didn't think I would be able to get out of there - guys were really helpful. Supposed to be a good one in Milwaukee - haven't trekked there yet. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts