The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Milwaukee CO2 regulator about eight months ago. It has been running smoothly up until a week ago. The only problem I had with it was adjusting the bubble rate which seems to be a common issue with the regulator. the problem I'm experiencing now is the solenoid valve. I have it on a timer and i heard it shut off and thought nothing of it. Before i went to bed i went and looked at my tank and noticed it was still bubbling gas into the tank. I checked the timer; turned it off of time mode and straight to line power. I also tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. Nothing has reset it. Does anybody know what the issue may be? Fixable or not?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
this happens sometimes. I would wait and see if it ever stops. Sometimes when you run a higher pressure it can take a bit of time for the pressure build up to stop. If the bubbles don't stop after an hour or so of the solenoid being unplugged then you might have a busted solenoid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the replys guys. Is there a way I could replace the solenoid, or is that a repair thats a little above the DIY level?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
no you can replace them. The only problem is that the milwakee regulator has all their parts glued together. You really really need to crank them off to unscrew them but once you do that you can but a solenoid and attach it and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Might be busted? Sounds to me like it already is busted....
You can use a Burkert solenoid because it has the same fittings as the solenoid you have. And yes, if you want, pick up the fabco as well. It is better than the needle valve you have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts