The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just setup a CO2 silonoid inline and when I turn the silonoid on it dumps co2 because of the pressure built up inside the line any recommendations?

The shorter the line the less CO2 dump when the silonoid opens is what I'm thinking?

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of regulator do you have?
I'm current using a fluval 95G I do not find this relevant to the question the type of regulator shouldn't matter... maybe if the silonoid was before the regulator this wouldn't be an issue but unfortunately I don't have another $250 for a decent regulator.

Currently I'm using the kit but modified all the crap plastic pieces out of it and got an adapter to fit a paintball tank. It is not yet setup as I'm waiting for the small 95G cartridge to run out before setting up the larger bottle

Here is the system for reference.
There's another check valve just just behind the aquarium just before the line enters the aquarium. My thoughts are the line from the regulator to the silonoid is too long allowing the pressure to build up in a large area. But I'm having issues cutting the line short as the silonoid is heavy and I can't just dangle it. Might need to mount the silonoid to the terrible looking wall lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How bad is the change in CO2 rate? There generally is a bit of fluctuation when the solenoid first actuates, but it should stabilize relatively quickly.
after some heating and bending and cutting. About 20BPS for about 3 seconds. It goes down to 0.8 BPS which is where it should be in about 15 seconds i still feel like this is alot of CO2. I cut the most off of the line as I could the duration of the CO2 dump has been cut down along with the amount.

My main concern is that I have some shrimp in the aquarium and I have the CO2 so it turns on 1h before the lights. Shrimp can't expell CO2. During the night the plant will produce CO2 so this relatively large burst even if it's for 20 seconds releases alot of CO2. I'm not quite sure on the dissolve rate with CO2. Should this be okay?

·
Registered
13 Posts
20bps in for seconds is nothing to be worried about. It is in total 60 bubbles, which I inject in a minute minimum. CO2 needs a lot of time to dissolve in the water, and a lot of portion is getting lost from the surface gas exchange.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.