The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a pressurized system that has no leaks (checked many times) but I will set the needle valve and the output of the system will be a bubble every second, and then after it sits, it will not be bubbling at all. I do not have a bubble counter so I am not too sure what is going on but i dont understand why its not staying constant. Any suggestions????

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The first thing off the top of my head: Do you have the main valve to the CO2 tank all the way open? What's the pressure reading at?

·
Registered
414 Posts
My guess: you do not have enough working pressure to overcome the pressure of the diffusing method. You are reading the tank pressure(1000psi) what is your working pressure? That number should be around 10-20psi.

To set it what I do is: Open needle valve completely. Adjust regulator to 10psi. Adjust needle valve to desired bubble count.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I've found with Ceramic diffusers that I have to use a working pressure closer to 15 psi.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but if there was a leak wouldnt that just make it so nothing is coming out. this just stops bubbling and then a little turn of the needle valve EITHER way, not just an increase, starts it back up again.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
but if there was a leak wouldnt that just make it so nothing is coming out. this just stops bubbling and then a little turn of the needle valve EITHER way, not just an increase, starts it back up again.
That little tid bit about your needle valve being messed up would have been good info in the first post. :icon_wink

1 - 11 of 11 Posts