The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paintball canister w/ AQUATEK CO2 Regulator Mini has worked well for my 7g nano, so far. The canister can be refilled at Sports Authority for $5, so it's much more affordable in the long run than nano co2 cartridges.
Thanks for the suggestion. So I pulled the trigger and gots this from [Ebay Link Removed] I was just wondering what else I need for this to operate?

Thanks!

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
Diffusers, as a rule, are all over the place in terms of efficiency. Higher-cost diffusers,. and larger-area diffusers, *tend* to be more efficient. In addition, high-pressure diffusers also tend to be more efficient.

However, the high-pressure diffusers can also be problematic, as the cheapo regulators (certain Aquatek models, as an example) have preset working pressures. Paired with the wide cracking pressure range of the Atomic-style diffusers, your rig may or may not work ...at all.

Unfortunately Evilbay links are automatically removed by forum software, so I don't have any idea what you settled on. Just read a bunch in the equipment forum, including the stickies, and I doubt you could possibly have any questions that have not been discussed in at least a dozen ways.

Any decent rig has a regulator with variable working pressure, a solenoid valve, and a needle valve, with a check valve along the line somewhere. Each of these components can be bought incredibly cheaply, though the less money spent is roughly inversely proportional to the rate of failure.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Fluval has a nano diffuser for smaller tanks. It has a black plastic housing with a ceramic diffuser. Maybe a half inch tall by an inch in diameter. They are pretty inexpensive. They do not look as nice as the Do!Aqua glass diffusers, but they are fairly unobtrusive and can easily be hidden from view.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. So I pulled the trigger and gots this from [Ebay Link Removed] I was just wondering what else I need for this to operate?

Thanks!
Sorry, the link didn't come through... If it didn't come with a check valve, you'll want that too.

I went with Do!Aqua nano diffuser for the looks. It seems to function well too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
For such a small tank, maybe an inline diffuser would be best. That way, you can keep the clutter in the tank to a minimum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.