The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am looking to buy a CO2 setup for my new tank (CADE rimless 59 gallon). I've done some reading and for this size of tank, it seems most go with an inline diffuser? Will be running a Fluval 407 & 307. Less equipment in the tank would also be beneficial. I am not 100% sure on what plants I will have as of yet, but likely low/medium. I will likely be buying a 10lb bottle as that's about as big as I can get in my cabinet stand. I already have lilly pipes.

I am in Canada, so limited retailers. I noticed www.aquariumdirect.ca carries CO2 art, and AAA aquatic products. And then amazon has all kinds at a much lesser price point.

Any good value recommendations for a regulator and diffuser?

Thanks!

Foz

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi All

I am looking to buy a CO2 setup for my new tank (CADE rimless 59 gallon). I've done some reading and for this size of tank, it seems most go with an inline diffuser? Will be running a Fluval 407 & 307. Less equipment in the tank would also be beneficial. I am not 100% sure on what plants I will have as of yet, but likely low/medium. I will likely be buying a 10lb bottle as that's about as big as I can get in my cabinet stand. I already have lilly pipes.

I am in Canada, so limited retailers. I noticed www.aquariumdirect.ca carries CO2 art, and AAA aquatic products. And then amazon has all kinds at a much lesser price point.

Any good value recommendations for a regulator and diffuser?

Thanks!

Foz
I went with CO2Art regulator and had an inline diffuser before but switshed to an Sera Flore Active CO2 Reactor 500 - Small 66-160 Gal after reading posts at waterbox and could not be happier.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I recommend amazon. they sell new 5 lbs tanks for around $80 (sometimes you'll find the victory 5 lbs co2 tanks on amazon for around $50 but they sell out quick). I've been using the Fzone regulator with solenoid which I also picked up on amazon for $59. so far Ive bought two sets of co2 systems and spend no more than $150 for each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.