The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed a GLA CO2 injection system into my tank. I have it connected to my timer which also shuts off my lights.

However, when the solenoid is off - bubbles are still forming in the bubble counter! Even after a hour of it being off. I set it at one bubble per second and when the solenoid is off, it slows down to about one bubble every three seconds - is this normal??

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just found this in an older thread:
When timer go's off, you still get a slow BPS? If that's the case here is what you may want to try.

Unplug Solenoid

Remove bubble counter. Don't lose the little black o'ring in the bottom, you will need this later.

Raise working pressure to 40-50psi.

Open Needle valve wide open.

Plug/unplug solenoid several times to dislodge any debris.

Then, install bubble counter, lower working pressure to 10psi and resume as normal.
Will try it when I get back home.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now the lower pressure gauge's needle doesn't seem to go down to accurately reflect reduced pressure. I've taken the unit off completely and it's still showing 40 PSI on the lower gauge.

Does this sound like a broken gauge?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Contact GLA. They have impeccable customer service and will be the best people to help you. I had a slight problem with my regulator I bought from them at first and was genuinely impressed with their level of customer service.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay. I feel a little stupid - I was able to get the lower pressure down by plugging the solenoid back in. But I'm still having the bubble issue (when the solenoid is off and the CO2 is on). Going to keep trying to blow any debris out...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.