The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'll try to keep this short and sweet. :) I've got a 10 gallon that I've planted and cycled with the idea of putting some Pea Puffers in, I want it densely planted. It's only filtration is a sponge filter, I might upgrade to a small canister down the road, but it's not in the near future. I will be adding a small little circulation pump just because to the left of the big dragon stone, it's kind of stagnant.

Then I have a 28 gallon bowfront community tank. Has 2 Aquaclears running and a sponge filter. Right now, it's mostly dwarf val, but I'm going to do a drastic rescape in the upcoming weeks with a ton of trimmings from a user here on the forum.

I want to use CO2 in both of them. I am going with a UNS paintball regulator and paintball cannister and then I also bought a NEO DIY kit. I can't afford to do paintball setup on both right now, but eventually that will be the goal.(They aren't close enough to share) Initially, I thought that I'd put the paintball setup on the 10 gallon so I can fine tune my dosing because I was afraid of gassing my fish and let the Neo do it's thing on the larger tank. But now I'm wondering if it wouldn't be smarter to do it the other way around because having a larger tank with better flow, more surface agitation will give me a bit more wiggle room. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Banned
629 Posts
I think the NEO in the 10 gallon and the paintball cannister in the 28 gallon. I googled the NEO kit and it says one bottle of NEO solution is good for 20 gallons so the 28 might be a stretch for that. Love your Chainswords and enthusiasm.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the NEO in the 10 gallon and the paintball cannister in the 28 gallon. I googled the NEO kit and it says one bottle of NEO solution is good for 20 gallons so the 28 might be a stretch for that. Love your Chainswords and enthusiasm.
Thank you so much for catching that @Savetheplants I don't know why in my head I was thinking up to 30 gallons. I think I'm gonna go ahead and do that this weekend and hold off on the 28 gallon until I get my next plant shipment. It was probably a sign that the CO2 fill tank at Dick's was broke this week. LOL Chainswords... is that what the tall plants are in the back of the 28 gallon? I just thought they were dwarf sag that forgot they were supposed to stay short! LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts