The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought an inline diffusor online (inline co2 atomizer)

So I connect it to my regulator, I set the flow to like >>5-6 bps, I dont see any mist coming out :(

Also after a couple of seconds my bubble counter starts leaking water
Along with that the bubbles slow down and STOP!!!!

If and when I disconnect my co2 hoses, I can hear the sudden WWOOOOSH (meaning that there is a lot of pressure in em)

Please help, are you guys using this system? do you see the mist?

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
Well, your bubble counter clearly has a leak. Either it's not tightened enough, or you're missing a rubber washer.

I had an Atomic diffuser (not inline) that required around 45psi to function.

Figure out the bubble counter problem, and then play with the working pressure.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Sounds like the bubble counter can't handle the pressure needed for the atomizer.. Is it leaking at the bottom? You might want to put teflon tape around the lip of the cap of the bubble counter.

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
30psi is what the 2nd gauge reads, I am guessing if I leave it wide open thats what the pressure will be in the line and to the atomizer
If you leave *what* wide open? The reason the bubbles eventually stop coming is that the pressure all along the airline up to the diffuser has equalized at somewhere around 30psi (which is what you have the working pressure set to). If it's possible to increase it to 40, go ahead and do it.

BTW, in case you were referring to the needle valve, if the bubbles in the bc stop, it doesn't matter whether the needle valve is open a tiny bit or all the way. Pressure has equalized on both sides of it, and opening it up any more won't do anything unless you increase the working pressure past the point of "cracking" the diffuser.

And fix that leak :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you leave *what* wide open? The reason the bubbles eventually stop coming is that the pressure all along the airline up to the diffuser has equalized at somewhere around 30psi (which is what you have the working pressure set to). If it's possible to increase it to 40, go ahead and do it.

BTW, in case you were referring to the needle valve, if the bubbles in the bc stop, it doesn't matter whether the needle valve is open a tiny bit or all the way. Pressure has equalized on both sides of it, and opening it up any more won't do anything unless you increase the working pressure past the point of "cracking" the diffuser.

And fix that leak :)
If I leave the needle valve wide open = massive increase in bubble rate, until pressure builds up and bubbles stop/slow down

Also not sure if this regulator is defective, but the tank pressure is reading 1000psi, and the regulator pressure is 30ish psi (no matter how much I turn the blue knob <see pic> it wont go above 30ish

So I guess the regulator pressure can read up to 150psi, but the regulator limits the fine needle valve to 30 or so.....

I leave it hooked up tomorrow and check the pH along the course of the day and see what happens... otherwise you will be seeing an inline atomizer in the buy/sell/trade forums here.... :(

specs of my regulator, says reduced pressure gauge is 140psi
http://akamai.f3images.com/IMD/UserManuals/AK01018_1.PDF

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Removed the bubble counter
Attached co2 line directly to atomizer
Cylinder knob wide open - reads 1000psi
Regulator know wide open - reads 35ish psi
Needle valve wide open (no bps since counter removed)

Will update if anything happens, fingers crossed.
Thank you to everyone who replied

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.