The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The fact that you don't have cover won't affect your CO2 diffusion much, but your HOB filter will. Try to place the filter's output as close to the water surface as possible to reduce agitation and therefore co2 outgassing. I would switch to canister filter if I was you, it works best for high tech planted tanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need details...........

So do I need to put the end of the airline tubing next to the filter intake or is there a better option?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright so I have 2 2 liters hooked up producing CO2 that combined in to one tube which runs into a check value (still trying to figure out exactly how that helps) then hooked up to a CO2 diffuser 3000

sound good?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, I wanted to add the fact that I have a HOB filter can I just stick the CO2 line into the Diffuser 3000 and place it anywhere into my tank?

·
Super Moderator
11,971 Posts
Alright so I have 2 2 liters hooked up producing CO2 that combined in to one tube which runs into a check value (still trying to figure out exactly how that helps) then hooked up to a CO2 diffuser 3000

sound good?
This sounds fine. The check valve is important in preventing water from flowing backwards from your tank into your pop bottles.

Also, I wanted to add the fact that I have a HOB filter can I just stick the CO2 line into the Diffuser 3000 and place it anywhere into my tank?
Yes, you can place the diffuser anywhere in the tank. However, I like to place my differs near the filter output so that the bubbles are pushed across the tank, ensuring a more even dispersal of CO2.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright I'm finally ready to enhance my tank with CO2. I think this is my final question. The check value that I bought reduces air pressure and when I did a "wind-test" it made a sort of motoring sound. Is this normal?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a

I love Lexington! I have already thrown away the package. Dam. I just bought one from the local pet store.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts