The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again planted tankers. I have a question about setting up my C02 system. Would it be possible (or even useful) to run a CO2 line from my bubble counter to a power head that I have and use the power head to diffuse the CO2 into my tank? If I do decide to do this, should I have a diffuser inline between the bubble counter and the power head, or will the movement out of the power head be enough to diffuse the CO2? Thanks!

·
SCAPEr
2,560 Posts
Hello again planted tankers. I have a question about setting up my C02 system. Would it be possible (or even useful) to run a CO2 line from my bubble counter to a power head that I have and use the power head to diffuse the CO2 into my tank? If I do decide to do this, should I have a diffuser inline between the bubble counter and the power head, or will the movement out of the power head be enough to diffuse the CO2? Thanks!
yes its possible. Although co2 diffusion rate is not high. Also if you want to do that, I think your power head will make "burping" sound as each bubble get sucked into the impeller (depends how many bubbles per sec). So if the noise bothering you, you can just get cheap glass diffuser from eeeebaaay for like 6 bucks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.