The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rhinox 2000 on an ADA-60-P. I have about 1BPS, but the diffuser won't "pressurize" and start diffusing. I have to cran it up, then lower it down in order for bubbles to start escaping. Do I perhaps need a smaller diffuser?

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
There must be a leak somewhere or something...

If you have it at 1bps for 1 hour, that's 60 bubbles of CO2. At 3 hours, that's 180 bubbles. That sort of pressure would pop off the tubing from the diffuser.

Have you tried soaking it in bleach or H2O2 yet? Even with new ones, a good soak will help it. And NEVER brush the ceramic surface.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
There must be a leak somewhere or something...

If you have it at 1bps for 1 hour, that's 60 bubbles of CO2. At 3 hours, that's 180 bubbles. That sort of pressure would pop off the tubing from the diffuser.

Have you tried soaking it in bleach or H2O2 yet? Even with new ones, a good soak will help it. And NEVER brush the ceramic surface.
Hmm... I think the math might be a bit off here.

1 bps = 3600 bph.

60 seconds per minute, 60 minutes per hour. 60x60=3600

So three hours would be 10,800 bubbles.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Came up with 2 conclusions in the last 5 minutes. One, I wasn't running 1 BPS. More like 3 bubbles per minute. That's what I get for guesstimating. Two, I had a check valve that was about halfway out of the threading. Seems to be fixed now.

Didn't find any other leaks. Then again, I used windex at my father's (self proclaimed handyman) advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.