The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would happen to the plants if it is deprived of Co2? For example, if I have a closed tank with no water circulation, high light + fert (pushing co2 close to 0ppm), would the plants:

a) Simply stop growing, but show no sign of deficiency
b) Show sign of deficiency similar nutrient deficiency (yellow tip, brown leaf, weak stem...etc)
c) Slowly melt away similar to when you black out the tank and give no light to the plants
d) keep growing but very slowly

·
Registered
390 Posts
algae, algae and more algae

·
Registered
390 Posts
well..let's just assume i have this magical creature that can consume all possible algae in the tank so that won't be a problem :tongue:
Ill take 2 then. Send paypal info for shipping. ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a pickle jar in the sun that has some egeria najas and some Chara sp in it. I see pearling all the time and fast growth in there, but there is no CO2. I have removed several stems to other tanks over the past month or so.

Tons of Copepods and Gammarus...(probably supply enough CO2)... And plenty of stag-horn algae on the sand. So I suppose CO2 does give plants the upper hand. I don't think it is necessary though. Many species can use bicarbonate in hard water. Algae is always present. I dunno...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts