The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found a place that has CO2 cylinders. However, if someone could tell me if I can use it it would be great..

They are size 11 (whatever that means) Co2 cylinders used for beverages. 100% pure CO2 with a FDA approved health check. I don't keep the same cylinder, I trade it in for a new sealed one when I go in.

Any help?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
It will work, but is "more" than you need. ALl you need is a typical welding gas co2 tank. We don't care if it is "food" grade. For that matter, beverage systems don't really either. It is basically a load of crap.

If they charge the same price, then that is fine. If it is more expensive than normal co2, don't bother. I know you are at the end of the world, so your options are limited.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL.. Yes I do live in the middle of nowhere, no need to point it out.. :)

I think for whatever size 11 (how many lbs, does anyone know?) it was 46 dollars for the initial tank purchase. And it comes full and sealed. I have no idea what the trade-in price is.

Everything else they have is about 4 feet tall, this ones approx 2 feet tall. It's the smallest one they have other than paintball ones.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
LOL.. Yes I do live in the middle of nowhere, no need to point it out.. :)

I think for whatever size 11 (how many lbs, does anyone know?) it was 46 dollars for the initial tank purchase. And it comes full and sealed. I have no idea what the trade-in price is.

Everything else they have is about 4 feet tall, this ones approx 2 feet tall. It's the smallest one they have other than paintball ones.
sounds exactly like what i have http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/t...l-home-office-tank-diy-stand.html#post1467515

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.