The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might sound dumb to most of you but I just got my first CO2 not even a week ago. Seems like all the bubbles are just hanging out on the water's surface, is this a bad thing??

It's a 5.5gal with an internal Tom filter with spray-bar attached. The diffuser is as close to the bottom of the tank as I can get it and positioned underneath the spray-bar. Got about 2bps of CO2 going.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Mine does that too. My diffuser doesn't always produce the smallest bubbles so some make it to the top. I have mine set right under my hob output so they get shoved around the tank and still diffuse pretty well. Do you have a drop checker? If you don't know if the co2 is diffusing in your tank that would be the best way to find out.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have my drop checker just yet it's in the mail though. Once I get it, if my CO2 is too low I guess the next thing would be to move the diffuser upwards closer to the spraybar?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.