The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am pretty new to pressured co2, and have recently set one up.
But i am having a problem that when I turned my co2 on the bubble would go say 2 bubbles/sec, then slowly over a while, it would go back to 1 bubble/sec, eventually end up to none. Then I would adjust it back to 2 bubbles but the same thing would repeat. Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Can you give us the specifics of your system. It sounds like either the needle valve or the regulator is not holding its setting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Try increasing the working pressure and then set your bubble counter with the needle valve. You may have to "fiddle" with it for a while to get it fairly stable. Should the needle valve be of low quality and you can't get a consistent enough bubble count, you should replace it with a Fabco, Ideal or Swagelok needle or metering valve.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Hello all, I am pretty new to pressured co2, and have recently set one up.
But i am having a problem that when I turned my co2 on the bubble would go say 2 bubbles/sec, then slowly over a while, it would go back to 1 bubble/sec, eventually end up to none. Then I would adjust it back to 2 bubbles but the same thing would repeat. Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks.
This is a classic sign of a pressure leak. You should check your tubing connections for leaks before you make any adjustment to your system. Your working pressure is likely fine. You can use soapy water to test for leaks on all connections of your system.
Once you give the system a good soapy bath, let it sit for a few minutes while running and check for any extra foamy connections.

Regards,
Orlando

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright I'll try the soapy water method tonight after the light turns off, would see how it goes, thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts