The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an Archaea CO2 diffuser along with special CO2 tubing and an Atomic inline bubble counter with check valve installed in the unit. This is somewhat of a high pressure system and the tubing is extra thick and all of the connections are screwed on and the system produces the tiniest bubbles I have ever seen with some never even making it to the surface.
I also noticed today that the bubble count was low but when I went to adjust it with the needle valve on my CO2 Azoo regulator it had little to no effect even if I opened the tank valve? Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your input and advice.

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
There's a lot of back pressure from the diffuser. Even with the needle valve completely open, there's a limit to how much gas will pass through. The only solution I can see is to increase the working pressure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I noticed this too when I switched from injecting the co2 into my canister filter to using a diffuser. I ran the regulator at 10psi but was unable to tune the bubble count with the needle value at this PSI when hooked up the diffuser. I had to increase the PSI at the regulator in order to be able to adjust bubble rate on the needle valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.