The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted a link to a beverage supply wholesaler that sells co2 bottles, but i cannot find the post.

Help?

chaz

·
Registered
35 Posts
co2 tank

I got my 5lb aluminum from aquariumplants.com for $49.00 plus shipping of I think $12.00... Thought that was the best price I could find.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Someone posted a link to a beverage supply wholesaler that sells co2 bottles, but i cannot find the post.

Help?
CO2 tanks and refills:

There are two (main) methods to get CO2. The first is to lease (flat fee) a tank from a welding shop and then periodically swap the tank. You walk in with an empty tank, pay ~$10 for 5 lb and walk out with a full tank. On the most recent fill I walked out with an empty tank though. They were nice enough to swap for a shiny aluminum tank :)

The other method is to buy you tank. This works if A) you local show does refills (not just swaps) and B) your local shop does hydro testing when the tank expires.

The reason B is important is that I have wanted my own shiny tank but was informed that hydrotesting is done offsite and takes awhile (a week?) Just something to consider before hand.

·
Registered
26 Posts
any local welding supply shop rents/sells them as well.

Airgas, Praxair, etc..

·
Registered
429 Posts
Use your local yellow pages to find a homebrewer... They usually have some available. I bought a 15lb tank for $65 filled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts