The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my lights and co2 shut off around midnight and usually by the time I get out of bed the next day my drop checker is back to blue from it's lime green. Yesterday I dropped the temp about 6 degrees 79F to 73F in an effort to keep some plants from shedding so much.

Colder temps will hold more co2 which I understand but today when I got up the drop checker still was a dark green. Not the lime color I get while the co2 on but should I be concerned about my fish getting gassed if I leave the temp the same? I didn't change the temp till half way through the light/co2 cycle yesterday so it probably didn't drop for a few hours.

·
Registered
327 Posts
How long before you turn off your lights do you shut the CO2 off? I usually do 1 hr. But since you lowered your temp, the water can hold more CO2 and it will off gas when not running it slower then your higher temps. SO you might want to turn it off earlier. It doesnt seem at all strange that its still showing some ppm of CO2 due to the temps. Is that what your asking?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not exactly. I shut my co2 off an hour before the lights too, but what I was wondering is if I had to worry that my ppm would be considerably higher. Just got home and it appears normal. It certainly holds the co2 in the water longer though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts