The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone. A little background info first. Using a JBJ Flat Panel 10g tank with an HOB filter. Don't have access to a canister filter, so this is the only equipment I have available to interact with.

My question: which is the best way to dissolve CO2 into the water knowing these are my equipment options? A bell, diffuser, line ran into the filter? I've been reading a ton but can't come up with a definite "best" thing for this situation.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
373 Posts
No cannister rule out inline diffuser / reactor

So in tank diffuser is your only choice. There are two category that I can think of:
Active diffuser : the little cup/bar that put out micro bubble that might/might not dissolve in time as it reach the top of the tank
Passive diffuser: look like upside down cup or ladder that co2 slowly dissolve as it make contact with water

No don't run line into the filter as the co2 probably will offgas by the time the water enter the tank.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
What type of HOB filter? Lots of people have good luck with running the co2 line directly into the intake of an aquaclear HOB. Should work the same with almost any other HOB as well. Will you off gas a bit doing it this way? yes! But in the grand scheme of things co2 is relatively cheap. So you might have to crank it up a bit but it sure will work!

·
Registered
404 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.