The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, This is my first post and of course I have an issue. Well not really. Just wondering how to go about this.
I have a 55 gal fresh water with alot of small plant with 4 big snails and small fish. Was doing liq CO2 for a little bit with fert and the plants would grow but then run out and not fun. So got a line on a CO2 setup that is working nice for me now going on 2 weeks. I have been just running the CO2 for about 20 min a day (1-3 bubbles per sec) and a little bit of fert. Taking it slow. I have a CO2 indicator, the upside down bubble thingy that I put in 4dhk solution in it. Turned blue cool. Now I want to put my CO2 on a timer. Well thinking about the CO2 indicator, I have really really hard water here. My GH was 24 drops which was off the scale on my paper. The KH was 11 or 210-ism ppm. My PH is 8.2 and I have to measure with a different solution. Since I have such hard water and high PH, wondering about the 4dkh solution as I measure with a different solution. Should I put 4dkh solution in there with the high PH indicator or just keep the lower one. Or just make 5 dhk solution? I don't want to gas my fish so a little bit worried about it. I will be doing this over a weekend to watch and make sure. Anyone with hard water and CO2, what do you do??

·
Super Moderator
12,131 Posts
Using the 4 dkH reference solution should be fine. It will change from blue to green when you have roughly 30 ppm of CO2 in the water.

Of course, the best is to watch and monitor your fish and adjust accordingly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.