The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 29 gal tank with 2 65w PC lights, CO2, and a 50/50 eco and gravel mixture substrate. I am wondering if I crank the CO2 up as high as I can (no fish in the tank) will I get much faster growth then I will with 30ppm? I can dump as much ferts as I need to into the tank to keep up with the plants.

·
Registered
705 Posts
ive always wanted to try this and see what happens ! some one with alot of dough should put a 1000 watt MH light on a 10 gallon, crank up the CO2, plant some hc, and dose like 5 gallons of flourish and watch the hc spead like wild fire:hihi:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Diminishing return quickly approaching 0 return, fellas. Growth is not linear. Take it from the king of overkill.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ive always wanted to try this and see what happens ! some one with alot of dough should put a 1000 watt MH light on a 10 gallon, crank up the CO2, plant some hc, and dose like 5 gallons of flourish and watch the hc spead like wild fire:hihi:
Can we say overkill?

·
Registered
705 Posts
but if it worked imagine the results the hc would cover the tank in like 5 minutes you could deplete the nitrates and ammonia in half a second :hihi:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
With no fish extra CO2 won't hurt. However, plants are somewhat limited in their speed of growth. Cells only divide so fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts