The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do a DIY paintball co2 setup but I'm pretty unsure of what I'm doing :) Does something like this look good to you? Also what would I still need? A diffusor, anything else? It has a needle valve right?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The indicator roughly measures dissolved CO2 in your tank water. The gauges will tell you how much CO2 you're delivering to your injection device, but not indicate how much is actually making it into your water as dissolved gas. Or, for that matter, how much your losing to surface agitation, etc..

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
When you buy a Co2 Indicator(drop checker) kit it comes with this Blue liquid. You put the blue liquid into the drop checker along with the 4dkh solutions.

Both of these can be bought on ebay for less than 15$ all together.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
The indicator shows if you have too much or not enough co2 in the water column. The gauges, like you stated, shows how much it is putting out.

This is a pretty good deal I think: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/s...5582-fs-new-paintball-co2-setup-complete.html But it doesn't have a solenoid.
Incase you think you'll go a step above paintball tanks: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/s...s/135075-fs-co2-post-body-regulator-kits.html
That's about 8 steps above a paintball setup but I get what your saying! ;)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have that very unit. The needle valve is hard to adjust, but once you get it in the right spot it stays there. Also, it is pre adjusted to 30psi. Mine is actually about 27psi. If you are wanting to run a GLA "Atomic Diffuser", or a similar porcelain diffuser, you might consider an adjustable regulator so you can be sure to have enough pressure to run it. Otherwise, I've had mine about 9 months with no problems.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The indicator roughly measures dissolved CO2 in your tank water. The gauges will tell you how much CO2 you're delivering to your injection device, but not indicate how much is actually making it into your water as dissolved gas. Or, for that matter, how much your losing to surface agitation, etc..
Those gauges don't measure how much, they only measure pressure. Your bubble counter after your needle valve shows you how much you are putting in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.