The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an established 10 gallon tank and want to stock it with Clown Killi's (Pseudepiplatys annulatus)

Does anyone know where I could get a half a dozen or so? (males and females)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Check aquabid.com, as there is a seller on the west coast that usually has wild clowns about .75-1 inch for $4 each. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, BTW. How do they do with small shrimp and snails?
Will they still breed?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I would not keep them with shrimp. These fish are egg scatterers, and the shrimp would eat any eggs that they can find. Id be much more concerned about the shrimp eating all of the fish eggs than the killies eating the newborn shrimp.

These fish should ideally be in a species tank, perhaps with a few snails.

When buying clown killies, keep in mind that there are at least three different variations with different colors based on their collection location. You should ask the breeder what form they have or for photos so that you know exactly what you're getting.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I would not keep them with shrimp. These fish are egg scatterers, and the shrimp would eat any eggs that they can find. Id be much more concerned about the shrimp eating all of the fish eggs than the killies eating the newborn shrimp.
What if you don't plan on breeding them?

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Shrimps like cherry shrimps shouldn't eat the eggs. The eggs are hard enough. Not 100% sure but I've kept cherries with other killie eggs to eat the fungus off unfertilized eggs. They leave a nice fungus free white egg for me. Shrimplets would be eaten by the killies though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well. I talked to a friend of mine that own a LFS and he said that he will order some for me, but I have to take the whole lot off his hands. Min that he can order for me is 50. Said I could have em all for $65.00.

Looks like I need to clear out a couple more 10 gallons to make room :)
Anyone know where I can get shipping containers and stuff so I can put the rest on Aquabid?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pretty good price you are getting them for! You can go to AquaBid under the shipping supplies section and get containers/bags/heat packs there. I'm sure you can post a handful or 2 here and get rid of a few also!

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
You can of course get the boxes from usps.com. Just decide what size box you will need and order them on line. I prefer the 7X7X6 for shipping shrimp. They will be fine for shipping small fish groups too.

As for some Kordon Breather Bags you can order on line too. Go to novalek.com where you can order the bags way cheaper than purchacing them from someone else.

BTW I was looking for some of these killi's this week so I am interested in some. Send me some pics when you get them, along with prices.

I should get a discount since I hooked you up with shipping supply places!!!LOL!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK. Quick update.
My friend is waiting to get the list of available fish from his supplier, if their on the list he will order them for me. So right now I'm in waiting mode.

As for selling them, I will of course offer them here on this site for members and the prices will be VERY reasonable.

I will also be posting some on Aquabid to see if I can't get a little more for some of them there.

I will keep you posted as things develope.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts