The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank water has been cloudy for a while now and i dont know what the problems is.My tank is fairly new.Could it be that my fish are kicking up the sand alot?I always see them picking at the sand.I have 6 white clouds which are really active.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen my white clouds in the lower quarter of the tank unless they're dead. I'd go along with just part of being a new tank. Water changes, feed sparingly and don't upset your filter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its already cycled.I have 0 ammonia,0 nitrite and 10 nitrate.Thats the what the guy at the lfs told me,that its still cycling.Also,the filter pad over my wet dry is always getting clogged and it starts to over flow.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Part of the cycle can be various algae and bacterial blooms. If your pad is overflowing I guess you don't have much choice but to clean/replace it. I just prefer to let a tank run it's course since most things other than a water change just seem to add to the problem or extend the time it takes for things to settle in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.