10. Dayumdanny
11. ADJAquariums
12. agustine
13. BoxxerBoyDrew
14.maverickbr77

·
Registered
232 Posts
C'mon people, snap this up! Even in the two weeks that I've been using this stuff, thanks to acitydweller's last ROAK, I've noticed an improvement in my snails' shells!

·
Registered
189 Posts
1. shloken38
2. Ekimf
3. Ravensgate
4. Snuffy317
5. arsnatura
6. rasbora
7. Barbgirl
8. Zenzu
9. Nyxkitten
10. Dayumdanny
11. ADJAquariums
12. agustine
13. BoxxerBoyDrew
14.maverickbr77
15.Trail_Mix
Do you add this stuff to the top of your substrate or mix it in or put it on the bottom?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You mix it into the water column. I like to mix it in right after I do a water change, I'll mix it in with the new water and pour it in.

I still have some from last time, so I'll wait until next time.

Do you still have any MTS?

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
1. shloken38
2. Ekimf
3. Ravensgate
4. Snuffy317
5. arsnatura
6. rasbora
7. Barbgirl
8. Zenzu
9. Nyxkitten
10. Dayumdanny
11. ADJAquariums
12. agustine
13. BoxxerBoyDrew
14.maverickbr77
15.Trail_Mix
16. Merth

I added you Merth.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
ok. so i realized that thursday and friday shipments may be delayed one extra day due to sunday. The clay alone would have been fine but adding livestock would likely compromise them so I will be mailing everything on saturday for monday or tuesday arrival.

·
Registered
189 Posts
usually a pinch per 5 gal works for me. if you happened to do 5 pinches, its okay but no need to over do it since a little goes a long way. when you are seeing random deaths in shrimp, this clay aids in detoxifying the water column so this serves many purposes and good to have on hand for any shrimper. these sample packs will likely last you several months to a year.

im trying to work out what to feed the enzymes in the tank which in turn helps the baby shrimps as well. its my next project at the moment...

Please let us know once you figure out what to feed the enzymes in your tank, can't wait to see how your next project turns out! :)

Also, great RAOK! I can't wait to see how my shrimp & snails like the calc clay!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
UPDATE:
all packages should arrive either today or tomorrow.

all packs will come with calcium Montmorillonite clay and floaters from my own fish and shrimp tanks. Those who were generous and sent over the amount offered were provided additional plants or taiwan moss as a token of appreciation. my moss experiments have come out with some really thick and lush growth finally. The floaters are fast growers and will likewise respond negatively if out of water or light so get them in water soon after arrival.

Use the calcium clay sparingly as a little goes a long way. each portion is enough to treat 500 gallons. add a pinch per 5 gallons. if you do a water change or see the onset of molts coming (usually the shells get very dark and thick looking), ad a pinch as well.
If you accidentally add extra pinches its okay. this stuff is inert and has no effect on gh/kh.

These have saved my nerites, mts, shrimp and crays from our naturally acidic water in New York City so this stuff works. I only ask that everyone provides itrader feedback once they recieve their portions in the mail. thanks and lets make our inverts more comfortable :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts