The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Thanks for looking. This RAOK is closed. [STRIKE]All payments and addresses are collected and ready to go. I have 3 more packs that are available to ship so please add your names to the bottom of the list. Again, first come first served.[/STRIKE] This will likely be my last RAOK for the year.

Hi,

Up for grabs are 2 packs of Calcium Montmorillonite Clay. The snack bag packs will contain a portion sufficient to treat 500-1000 gallons of water and ideal for those keeping invertebrates. It eliminates the fear of failed molts and also has helped snails grow shiney new shells to protect from pitting or shell rot. This is how i have managed to keep nerites and ramshorns in my low PH plant tanks.
[STRIKE]
As for now, all Malaysian Trumpet Snails are spoken for but if any more packs can be made, i'll post accordingly.[/STRIKE]

My last RAOK actually didnt cover shipping, materials and paypal fees charged so i will be charging $4.25 just for that. Any cost in excess, I will cover as before. Optional, we will be making a pledge to the Brooklyn Aquarium on sunday.

[STRIKE]Optional: If you wish to make a $1 donation, Let me know and I will forward the funds to Chibikaie (who is collecting funds on behalf of our New York Aquatic Plant Society). Alternatively you can send her $1 directly and state its for the Brooklyn Aquarium donation.[/STRIKE]

Malaysian Trumpet Snails
-
agustine
BoxxerBoyDrew
ADJAquariums
[STRIKE]somewhatshocked[/STRIKE]

Calcium Montmorillonite Clay-
The remaining 3 packs will be of first come first serve. Please attach your names and post up in order. remember, first come first served. Thanks for looking.
:fish1:

1. shloken38
2. Ekimf
3. Ravensgate
4. Snuffy317
5. arsnatura
6. rasbora
7. Barbgirl
8. Zenzu
9. Nyxkitten
10. Dayumdanny
11. ADJAquariums
12. agustine
13. BoxxerBoyDrew
14. maverickbr77
15. Trail_Mix
16. Merth

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
1. shloken38

Thank you kind sir! I've been wanting to give this a try. How do you use this again? Just a pinch, correct? And how often?

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
usually a pinch per 5 gal works for me. if you happened to do 5 pinches, its okay but no need to over do it since a little goes a long way. when you are seeing random deaths in shrimp, this clay aids in detoxifying the water column so this serves many purposes and good to have on hand for any shrimper. these sample packs will likely last you several months to a year.

im trying to work out what to feed the enzymes in the tank which in turn helps the baby shrimps as well. its my next project at the moment...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I received a pack of this stuff the last time he put it up as a ROAK for $2! :biggrin:

Awesome stuff, I'll pass because I still have a lot of it left.

·
Registered
415 Posts
1. shloken38
2. Ekimf
3. Ravensgate
4. Snuffy317
5. arsnatura
6. rasbora
7. Barbgirl

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
usually a pinch per 5 gal works for me. if you happened to do 5 pinches, its okay but no need to over do it since a little goes a long way. when you are seeing random deaths in shrimp, this clay aids in detoxifying the water column so this serves many purposes and good to have on hand for any shrimper. these sample packs will likely last you several months to a year.

im trying to work out what to feed the enzymes in the tank which in turn helps the baby shrimps as well. its my next project at the moment...
Thanks for the response. Sorry to sound like an oblivious buffoon, but how often do you throw the pinch in? Once a week after a water change?

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
One other thing....are we supposed to pm you, or are you reaching out first with paypal info and such? And no mts for me....I am actually heading out this weekend to try and find some assassin snails. Looking like an NJ lfs trip for me! Hope I find some....

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for looking. All spots are filled and the RAOK is closed for now.

Thanks for the response. Sorry to sound like an oblivious buffoon, but how often do you throw the pinch in? Once a week after a water change?

Thanks again!
correct! once a week and after water changes. I should have clarified further. thanks for pointing that out.

One other thing....are we supposed to pm you, or are you reaching out first with paypal info and such? And no mts for me....I am actually heading out this weekend to try and find some assassin snails. Looking like an NJ lfs trip for me! Hope I find some....
There's only one hiccup, actually two that came to light this evening. I am nearly out of gas and completely out of ziplock bags. Due to gas rationing my car is ineligible for fill up tomorrow so i'll have to walk to the store in the morning, walk home to pack, then walk to the post office. In the event that i cant ship tomorrow, they will go out on monday. I will PM everyone the paypal details and go from there. sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Not a problem, acitydweller. I totally understand as I am in the same boat. These storms were really something else. Thank you for your responses, and thanks for the RAOK!! Looking forward to your pm.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi all,

Shipping for all those who sent payment will be conducted on either Wed or thurs of this week. I know some people made payment last friday but the majority had sent payment after the P.O. was closed. Just wanted to provide an update on the status on where things are at the moment.

Hope everyone is doing okay with the wacky weather going on everywhere.

Stay safe all

Al

1 - 20 of 32 Posts