The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
@Greggz definitely a lot to think about and I’d like to get the tank looking good. sounds like a full reset is what’s needed. When you say to get my co2 dialled in, what exactly do you mean? I have my co2 coming on about 90 min before my lights come on and the drop checker has started to turn green and from what I can make out it stays lime green till well after the light have gone off. I have replaced the light with 2 less powerful fluval lights which I know work well as I’ve got some rotala rotundafolia in my shrimp tank, which is quite red and looking nice. As far as maintenance goes I clean and do a water change weekly. The feeding is kept to very small amounts, roughly enough for the fish to eat in a few seconds until they have all eaten. I’m Still new to the whole ferts thing and I was dosing what was recommende. I’ll start dosing again after a reset and just monitor it. I got a successful low tech planted tank. I see all these luscious and vibrant tanks and I just want mine to look like that. i dropped the water level to try increase the flow from the HoB. Might upgrade the filter to a small caniste. That’s a full tank shot. I look at it and want to cry. View attachment 1035087
I wouldn't start over, getting the light down to a more manageable level is going to make it substantially easier to get co2 levels dialed in. Getting things super lush and colourful takes a lot of time, effort, and experience, also having plants that get colourful without having to pull tricks like nutrient restricting also makes it easier. Seeing the full tank shot, that doesn't even look that bad, while there is an excess of algae, the plant growth looks generally strong. I'm nearly 100% sure your issue was low co2 for the amount of light the asta 120 puts out, I have 2 of those on a much larger tank and it's borderline.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts