·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, ouch. I didn't see the price. Yeah I have a microprocessor board and an LCD laying around. You can build your own driver for $50. I'll have to get the variable valve and play with it.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
sounds like a good idea, but honestly, those electronic post bodies do no good if they are paired with a single stage regulator, because it makes the user think that they can set it and forget it because the bubble count stays the same, however if the pressure varies, and it will with a single stage, then the flow of co2 will also vary. You still have to monitor and adjust pressure.

That is why I honestly hate how AP.com calls their electronic single stage regulator the best in the world. That is such bull. Maybe it would be if it was a dual stage regulator...

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
one thing I have learned in my life is that electronics go bad more frequently than any other parts. I think I will stick to what I know works. Thanks for sharing that though.
I don't know.. It can go either way. My car electronics lasted way longer than my exhaust pipes and engine :)

Oh! you SW Ohio guys, you can get Clippard parts in a shop in Mason-Ohio. Saves you shipping & handling. Call them up and they can get the parts for you.
Clippard is in Cincy but they don't have a store front you can go get stuff.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
sounds like a good idea, but honestly, those electronic post bodies do no good if they are paired with a single stage regulator, because it makes the user think that they can set it and forget it because the bubble count stays the same, however if the pressure varies, and it will with a single stage, then the flow of co2 will also vary. You still have to monitor and adjust pressure.

That is why I honestly hate how AP.com calls their electronic single stage regulator the best in the world. That is such bull. Maybe it would be if it was a dual stage regulator...

This again>??? Many people have used single stage regs for eons and eons and they have no more problems than everyone else
..... Lets not make this thread about that, too.

G-I've got a proportional valve that I may be able to send your way. Shoot me pm.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
it works, or might not work, if it works, but you still need a needle valve act as the fix orifice to lower the flow.

It works:
now it is like two valves, the first is the proportional valve that can alter the flow rate, the input pressure is fixed, the output pressure is a variety since the valve door(opening, cross-flow area) is a variety also.
The second valve is the needle valve that act as the fix orifice(opening) flow valve, to further lower the flow rate, the input pressure of this valve is decided by the flow rate/volume from the first valve and the cavity/space between the two valves.
The math is complicated on the second valve to find out the flow rate due to more factors involved, but it can be treated as "proportional" because the change of flow volume from the first valve immediately affect the input pressure for the second valve due to small cavity between two valves.

It might not work:
the flow rate on the proportional valve is too large compare to the second/needle valve.
If the flow rate is large, the output pressure of the proportional valve is not that much lower/alternation than it is input pressure due to small space between two valves and extremely low flow rate on the second valve. So no matter how much you adjust the proportional valve, the output pressure(air pressure in the cavity) is pretty much stay the same.
In this case the output pressure of proportional valve, or input pressure for second valve can be treated as a constant, and there is no change on the flow rate for second valve(fixed orifice)

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
What do you tech guys think?

http://www.clippard.com/downloads/g...ct Data Sheets/Clippard EVPD Valve Driver.pdf

Can it be used as a solenoid & needle valve combined?
I think you need a controller but it would be nice to control the bubbles/sec electronically instead with a knob.

Video of the setup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY0_1anzztw&feature=channel_video_title
try it, so we will know if it works, :D

I wish I can write a driver too, but need to get myself on track and learn how to write one.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I don't know.. It can go either way. My car electronics lasted way longer than my exhaust pipes and engine :)

Oh! you SW Ohio guys, you can get Clippard parts in a shop in Mason-Ohio. Saves you shipping & handling. Call them up and they can get the parts for you.
Clippard is in Cincy but they don't have a store front you can go get stuff.

You still in cinci? I did get clippard stuff from mason, swagelok in cincy, fabco in cincy, and some other stuff local. All without paying for shipping. Not bad eh?

Your right, clippard charges $10 because they want you to order from a distributor.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
You still in cinci? I did get clippard stuff from mason, swagelok in cincy, fabco in cincy, and some other stuff local. All without paying for shipping. Not bad eh?

Your right, clippard charges $10 because they want you to order from a distributor.
I am a little jealous, my local clippard distributor is only 15 minutes away but the minimum requirement is $250, and they don't stock parts.

btw, I got the package you send me, will leave a positive itrade, thank you.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I am a little jealous, my local clippard distributor is only 15 minutes away but the minimum requirement is $250, and they don't stock parts.

btw, I got the package you send me, will leave a positive itrade, thank you.

I know, I can order just about anything and any amount and get it for just list + 6.5% tax.

Clippard is a little funny with their ways though. Most of the parts we use are not stocked at local distributors so they have to have it shipped to them. Cant imagine how they make money like that, unless it goes on a delivery with other things.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

No kidding? Didn't know swagelok and fabco are in cincy.

Would love to experiment on this but time is pretty tight. I study on my free time. I need a break from free time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.