The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I haven't been able to find a fix for this issue. Hopefully I can just buy the part to fix the broken cord, and not a whole solenoid lol

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Time for a new one. How did you do that?

It's 3.5 years old and the super thin cord has been wiggled around many times over the years. Finally became brittle and broke I guess.

Sernt ferm mer phern

·
Registered
12,532 Posts
2 options.. try 1)push pins into the remaining "stubs"
2)take/break the yellow "hat" off.. looks to be the coil "holder" which if broken you will have to deal w /later..
i suspect the "top" will be relatively easy to remove..

big question: Is the white block part of the coil or not..?

3)you could also try to cut up on the white area to get more wire exposed..

Plastic cap just "snaps" into a groove...hmmm may or may not get you anywhere. Image is a 3 way

http://www.citec.fr/uploads/pdf-pneumatique/electrovannes/cl-presentationEC-EV-ET.pdf

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
Touchy but might be fixed, depending on finesse?
I would caution not to take the metal parts off due to Clippard instructions. But very careful work to remove the white plastic just enough to get a small stub sticking out to solder might work. Good at soldering? It will take a good prep job and a quick hand as well as some luck.
I would try it but already be planning a replacement.

·
Registered
12,532 Posts
Touchy but might be fixed, depending on finesse?
I would caution not to take the metal parts off due to Clippard instructions. But very careful work to remove the white plastic just enough to get a small stub sticking out to solder might work. Good at soldering? It will take a good prep job and a quick hand as well as some luck.
I would try it but already be planning a replacement.
Yea order a new one then fix the other..

·
Algae Grower
6,444 Posts
IF I got this right.. how do you know those aren't "h" series (unusable by "us"..0-25psi) ??
I don't know. And to be honest, I forgot. The point I tried to make was that they can be found cheap enough to just replace rather than try to fix. I don't use then anymore but a quick look at c clippard's site may solve the question.

·
Registered
12,532 Posts
I don't know. And to be honest, I forgot. The point I tried to make was that they can be found cheap enough to just replace rather than try to fix. I don't use then anymore but a quick look at c clippard's site may solve the question.
I agree w/ that it was just a caution and curiosity point. I have seen an "L" printed on the yellow part.. Logically there should be a "H" if it is the H series..AND that is how Clippard does it.
BUT this is just speculation from one photo on fleabay... Not sure if that is post sale addition or not..

Like this:

IF the "v" is from Clippard the best I can come up with is optional "FKM seals"

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
If you are currently using 12VDC, these will not work without trouble. Changing out the power supply will depend on how lucky you get on finding a good one at a price you want to pay.

·
Registered
12,411 Posts
I agree w/ that it was just a caution and curiosity point. I have seen an "L" printed on the yellow part.. Logically there should be a "H" if it is the H series..AND that is how Clippard does it.
BUT this is just speculation from one photo on fleabay... Not sure if that is post sale addition or not..

Like this:

IF the "v" is from Clippard the best I can come up with is optional "FKM seals"
Funny thing about shopping on the Evil site? Did anybody notice the one on the left is not screwed together as fully as the one on the right? Does this indicate that it was taken apart and they can't get it screwed together? Bet there's no guarantee on this pair! Sometimes sellers are not honest? NO?
:thumbsdow

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the ideas everyone! Im ordering another, but trying to do use tiny screws to give me an attachment point again.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got a 3 way valve on eBay for 22$ shipped. Plugged up one end with the screw and wired it up, I'm back in business!!

Sernt ferm mer phern

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey, you own me a lunch. :)

add:
look at the picture one more time....
I didn't tell you buy the screw that long, lol
LoL thanks again Betta!

PS- I rummaged through my box of screws at home and save myself a trip across town lol its ugly, but oh well!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts