The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size hose do I need for a Fluval 406? The ribbed hosing is 3/4 inch diameter but I assume this hose would be different. Heard a few people say that 5/8 inch hose worked for a 405 but not sure if the still applies. Also, should it be clear Vinyl tubing? I'm using it for an inline CO2 reactor.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I ended up having a similar issue, and the workaround I plan on doing tomorrow night is the rubber ends of the Fluval hose do fit around a 3/4 inch barb. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I just setup my 406 as a replacement for a Cascade 1500 that died. My 72g is a "hard plumbed" tank with bulkhead fittings and since the cascade hoses were hose-clamped in place, I figured I'd try that first... sure enough! Perfect fit!

Used (slightly stretched) 5/8" inside diameter vinyl tubing is an exact match.

·
Registered
625 Posts
What size hose do I need for a Fluval 406? The ribbed hosing is 3/4 inch diameter but I assume this hose would be different. Heard a few people say that 5/8 inch hose worked for a 405 but not sure if the still applies. Also, should it be clear Vinyl tubing? I'm using it for an inline CO2 reactor.
5/8 on my 406

·
Registered
705 Posts
Does that 5/8 then need to go over a 5/8 barb, or will it stretch onto a 3/4 barb?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5/8 on my 406

You just stretched the hose over in the intake/outtake of the AquaStop? Were you able to twist the red locking pieces into place to secure them on or was more work required to hold them on? I see you then just used a hose clamp to connect it to the reactor.

·
Registered
625 Posts
You just stretched the hose over in the intake/outtake of the AquaStop? Were you able to twist the red locking pieces into place to secure them on or was more work required to hold them on? I see you then just used a hose clamp to connect it to the reactor.
Yes very secure with the red locking nuts ,would not use without , the reactor has a barb fitting and hose clamp.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Okay, so I glued the rubber adapter to the black ribbed Fluval hosing, and then put that end on the filter (out). Because it was from Fluval the red thing held it very securely in place, and so my only worries were the cut hose that I glued into the adapter. Frankly it was so snug the glue might not have been necessary, but in any case no problems 14 hours in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts