The Planted Tank Forum banner

Cleaning old siphon tubing...

1068 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  GOJIRADOR
Ive tried looking for ways online, but all google gives me is how to clean your fish tank, or cleaning siphons for home beer brewing systems!
The old siphon i have has developed black/brown spots in it, and id like to remove them. Also, one of my newer ones had gotten a smell/taste so horrible it makes me not want to use it! I do suck on the end of this one, so i CAN taste this dead fish smell, though the a simple hose with the larger part on the end, no places for any debris to get stuck, and looks relatively spotless!
Is there anything i can do? A soak? Water changes have started turning my stomach!!!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im gonna check out that magfox thing...since i wont be worries about scratching tank glass, magnets might be okay! Id be worries about it getting stuck in there, and i cant get it out!
What is a fish tape?
WeedWhacker line sounds doable, though what brush would be small enough? If i attach a velcro or even a peice of fabric, how should i go about doing that? Again, im worried about it coming off, and getting stuck!

Edit!
Checked out some stuff, and the Magfox sounds like the way to go.
Though i wonder, can i make one myself? Its a simple enough concept..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.